Anne-France Fulgence is an established contemporary Australian artist, living and working in Kangaroo Valley NSW.
A-F, (as she likes to be called) has been professionally exhibiting her work for the past 16 years. Her paintings have been highly commended, many times in selected Art Prizes, acquired by Art Bank, and collected by private and Regional Art galleries. A-F revels in a dramatic composition, confronting and unusual concepts.
A-F arts fluctuate from portraiture of hunting dogs, to portraiture of their owner, to the wilderness of the Australian landscape or seascapes.
A-F Fulgence was born in Morocco, studied in France, and immigrated to Australia in 1989. A-F attributes her French ancestry to her sense of drama and wild romanticism.
A-F is also an art teacher, delivering drawing and painting workshops in Bowral at the Bowral District art society since 2013. She is currently developing new hunting dog portraits for a solo show in Berry, at the Flying Pig Gallery to be held in 2019.
Teaching drawing and painting classes, BDAS Bowral.
Part time Drawing and Painting teacher at the Illawarra TAFE institute, (Nowra, Goulburn and Moss Vale Campus)
Developing & practising printmaking skills at Wollongong West TAFE.
Cert IV Fine-arts at Wollongong West TAFE
- 2019 It is not what you think, Berry Flying Pig Gallery
- 2018 The Light, the Sky, this Land, Koskela gallery, Rosebery, NSW
- 2017 A selection of paintings and works on paper, Bowral (tenthousandpaces)
- 2017 Recent and Current works, The World, Private Residences at Sea (Sydney to Hobart)
- 2016 Real Men & Their Dogs, Shoalhaven Arts Centre, Nowra
- 2015 Bitches & Bastards, 69 John Street, Leichhardt
- 2014 Recent and Current works, The Bowral District art society Gallery
- 2013 Un monde de Lumiere, Michael Reid at Murrurundi
- 2012 Between Light and Shadow, Michael Reid at Murrurundi
- 2010 New landscapes, and hunting dogs, Goulburn Regional Art Gallery
- 2009 Let them hate as long as they fear, Despard Gallery Hobart, Tasmania
- 2008 Life wasn’t mean to be easy, Michael Nagy Fine Art, Sydney NSW
- 2007 It is not over yet, Despard Gallery Hobart, Tasmania
- 2006 I’ve got a problem with the world today, Michael Nagy Fine Art, Sydney NSW
- 2005 Poetics tales, The Buttermilk Factory, Pyree NSW
- 2005 Dark journeys between the lands to the sea Michael Nagy Fine Art, Sydney NSW
- 2004 The Old Milk Factory, Bowral NSW
- 2001 Michael Nagy Fine Art, Sydney NSW
Selected Art Prizes
- 2020 Finalist: Arts in the Valley
- 2020 Finalist, salon of Kangaroo Valley artists: Commended
- 2019 John Copes Watercolour Art Prize Bowral art gallery: FIRST PRIZE
- 2019 NOW Contemporary Art Prize, Finalist.
- 2019 Wingecarribee Art Prize, Highly commended
- 2017 Contemporary Art prize: NOW, Shoalhaven Arts centre, finalist
- 2017 Wingecarribee Art Prize, Bowral Art Gallery, FIRST PRIZE
- 2016 Fisher’s Ghost Art Award, Campelltown Art Centre, Finalist
- 2016 Wingecarribee Art Prize, Bowral Art Society, Highly commended
- 2015 Contemporary Art prize: NOW, Shoalhaven Arts centre, finalist
- 2014 The Norvill Art Prize, Murrurundi NSW Finalist
- 2014 The Waterhouse Art Prize, South Australian Museum, Adelaide, Finalist
- 2012 The Norvill Art Prize, Highly commended and winner of the packer prize
- 2010 The Norvill Art Prize commended.
- 2009 The Alvaro Art Prize, Bowral District Art Society, Highly commended
- 2008 The Norvill, Murrurundi, NSW, Highly commended
- 2008 The Malcolm Turnbull bequest, Bowral, Highly commended
- 2008 The 8 x 8 Milton Art fest, First prize- Drawing
- 2008 The Cowra, Cowra NSW, finalist
- 2008 Broken Hill Regional Art Gallery, Outback, finalist
- 2008 The Alvaro, Bowral District Art Society, finalist
- 2007 The Waverley, Sydney NSW. Highly commended
- 2007 The Alvaro, Bowral District art society, highly commended
- 2006 The Pyree Tycan, Bowral District Art Society, commended
- 2006 The Alvaro, Bowral District art society, finalist
- 2006 The Cowra, Cowra NSW, finalist
- 2006 The Norvill, Murrurundi NSW, finalist
- 2005 The ANL Maritime, Dockland, Victoria, finalist
- 2005 The Paddington, Sydney NSW, national finalist
- 2005 The Cowra, Cowra NSW, finalist
- 2004 The ANL Maritime, Dockland Victoria finalist
- 2004 The Paddington, Sydney, national finalist
- 2004 The Norvill, Murrurundi NSW, highly commended
- 2004 The Merrogal, Nowra. Highly commended
- 2004 The Shoalhaven art society, Nowra. Highly commended
- 2003 The Waterhouse, South Australian Museum Adelaide, finalist
- 2003 The Mosman, Mosman NSW, finalist
- 2002 The Norvill, Murrurundi NSW, commended
- 2002 The Mosman, Mosman NSW, finalist
Selected Group Exhibitions
- 2019 Tutors Exhibition, Bowral Art Gallery, Bowral
- 2019 Goulburn Bustle, Goulburn Regional Art Gallery- February to March 2019
- 2014 So much more than a big sheep, Goulburn Regional Art Gallery -30 Mai-19 July
- 2013 Un-natural Selection, Despard Gallery, Hobart Tasmania
- 2010 23rd Annual Summer Show, Despard Gallery, Hobart Tasmania
- 2010 Art Sydney, Sydney NSW Represented by Despard Gallery, Hobart Tasmania
- 2009 Seeking Images, Goulburn Regional Art Gallery NSW
- 2009 Summer Shoe, Despard Gallery, Hobart Tasmania
- 2008 Summer show, The Bell Gallery, Berrima, NSW.
- 2008 Who Let The Dog Out, Lake Macquarie City Council& Hazelhurst Regional Gallery, NSW.
- 2008 Anniversary show, Despard Gallery, Hobart Tasmania
- 2007 Melbourne Art Fair, Victoria. Represented by Despard Gallery, Hobart Tasmania
- 2007 Summer show, Despard Galley, Hobart Tasmania
- 2006 Bruyeres Gray Fine Art, Bowral NSW
- 2006 Project Space Wollongong NSW
- 2005 Project Space Wollongong NSW
- 2004 Michael Nagy Fine Art, Sydney NSW
- Artbank Australia
- Goulburn Regional Art Gallery
- Private collections Australia and overseas