Drawing and painting the landscape in Moruya
Painting in plein air, is painting from what you see in the exterior world. It is not always comfortable, and it is certainly not that easy. It needs good planning and preparation, so we have everything we always need with us.
We start the day with a drawing session, drawing with mixed medium, ink, dry pastels, charcoal, etc…Quick sketches, gestural, looking, evaluating, exaggerating, using a view finder, or not.
Learn the many aspects of landscape painting: preparation of painting support, selection of a colour palette, how to mix colours in a simple way for maximum effect. Explore composition, the mood, feeling and atmosphere in acrylic, and mixed medium gaining confidence and inspiration, to work in a range of mediums and techniques. By the end of the weekend, you could expect to take home artworks on canvas and paper and a large mixed medium work on paper.
During the Masterclass Workshop, A-F will demonstrate her landscape painting process techniques. From the preparation of the painting support, the choice of documentation, the selection of colours, the choice of brushes, the use of acrylic and oil medium, to the realisation of the artwork.
- When: 13-14 November 2021
- Cost: $280 for the weekend
- Time: 10:00am to 4:30pm. Meeting 15 minutes before 10 am, at designated spot.
- Participants: Maximum of 9 participants.
- Level: Beginners to more advance, a little prior experience in painting and drawing is good, a willing to have a great time is recommended. If you are not sure please give me a call or email me.
- Materials: A list will be emailed to the candidate upon enrolment.
Contact Anne-France for enrolment and enquiries.