Bowral Painting and Drawing Classes
The popular workshop has been running since 2013.
Under the direction of Anne-France (A-F) Fulgence you will safely use and explore a range of materials, media, techniques and equipment, and engage in studio practices that express and explore personal concepts. You need to be interested, focussed and passionate about art.
This class is a time to reassess and evaluate the very nature of your work, and to discard old methodologies and procedures in your practice, that may be limiting your progress.
Risk-taking and experimentation have always been a vital part of making art. This painting course is for those who have or want to start an art practice and are seeking to expand all aspects of their work.
Mixed media drawing, how to loosen up. Basic colour theory, how to keep it simple. Traditional and contemporary techniques and materials. Go beyond your creative block. Develop skills that you always wanted. Experiment with your creativity. Design something stunning. Learn new techniques and methods. Make new friends.
- Term 1: 01 February - 21 March
- Term 2: 02 May - 27 June
- Term 3: 25 July - 12 September
- Where: Bowral Art Gallery, 1 Short Street, Bowral
- When: Thursdays
- Time: 9:30am to 3:30pm
- Participants: Maximum of 9 participants
- Materials: A list will be emailed to the candidate upon enrolment
What to pack for the class
- Something to paint on:
- canvas or boards, or primed paper (minimum 300gsm)
- the size is up to you, bring what you normally use
- Gesso, you must gesso everything that you paint on
- A variety of brushes, from large house brush to the small detailing one
- Palette, acrylic or oil; see pictures
- A2 size, (cheap) 110 gsm, white paper pad
- If using acrylic medium, bring Clear painting medium, to thin acrylic paint
- The principal colours you should have at all times:
- Titanium white
- Primary yellow
- Yellow ochre
- A strong clean red
- Ultramarine blue
- Burnt umber
- Spray fixative, proper, no hair spray
- An old towel
- Spray water bottle
- Willow AND compressed charcoal
- White chalk AND white compressed chalk, (soft pastel)
- Visual art diary
- Graphite pencils, charcoal pencils, etc, things that you use to draw with
- Waterproof black ink
- 250 ml of refined linseed oil, for special projects
- Bulldog clip, masking tape, blade, scissors
- Tape measure, calculator, metallic ruler, camera.
- Some plastic containers
- Rags (lots), cotton is best
- Gloves, apron, etc…
- Documentation, pictures, photocopy, text, things that you need in order to develop own works
Give me a call if you have questions: 0408 995 399